THE MISS UNIVERSE ORGANIZATION REVEALS THE NEW CROWN MADE
BY DIC THAT THE 63RD MISS UNIVERSE WILL BE THE FIRST TO WEAR
Pageant sponsor D.I.C.’S creation of this new crown marks the beginning of a decade long relationship. D.I.C. will also make crowns for the next ten Miss USA and Miss Teen USA titleholders.
The new crown was designed to blend the Czech roots of D.I.C. with the beautiful skyline of New York City, home of the Miss Universe Organization and its titleholders. Craftsmen spent over 3,000 hours to create this beautiful and timeless crown with a very unique infrastructure, inspired by design elements of various royal crowns throughout history. The crown symbolizes and expresses the beauty, stability, confidence and power of women around the world.
ABOUT THE CROWN…
· Total weight – 411 grams
· An estimated value of $300,000
· 33 natural, translucent and colorless Bohemian crystals, cut, polished and metalized on the rear side to enhance light reflection
· 5 large light blue topaz stones, symbolizing strength and loyalty, each weighing 18.6 karats
· 198 dark blue sapphire stones, symbolizing faith and wisdom weighing a total of 29.7 karats
· Encrusted with 311 small polished diamonds, weighing a total of 10.37 karats
· Base consists of 18-karat white gold strip that is 2 cm tall, 0.5 mm thick weighing 220 grams
· Case made from the highest quality Italian leather